Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Charlotte!

Well Charlotte's first birthday was almost a month ago already!!!!  My gosh how time FLIES!

This was my favorite photo of the day of her!  I got so emotional as I brought her that cupcake...I couldn't believe she was one already.  I'm sure it is going to be like that every year!


This big chipboard #1 I have had in my stash for a LONG time, and I always knew I was going to use it for ny child's first birthday!

I covered it with some Bella Blvd paper and wrapped some ribbon and some beaded wire around it.


I was inspired to make the cupcake by this weeks Candy Shoppe Designs challenge (see previous post).  I cut a cupcake shape out of chipboard, pleated some paper for the liner, and then twisted some tulle for the frosting.  I added some tiny beads for sprinkles and a button for a cherry!




For the banner, I used some scraps of fabric, cut into pennant shapes, and glued some ric rac to the top to hold them together.


I was inspired by the color combo at The Color Room and the sketch that goes with it!

I also did this for the challenge this week at Snobby Walrus to use:

-buttons (on the cupcake)
-a handmade embellishment (the cupcake)
-polka dot patterned paper (pleated under the #1)
-journaling (strips under the photo)
-color photo(s) (obvious)
 
I have a lot more birthday photos to scrap, so be on the look out!  :)

5 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

This page is ADORABLE!! OMG, I just love it. Cute, cute!!! And love that picture!!!

Nancy Wyatt said...

AMAZING Layout Audrey!!!!

Tessa Buys said...

Super cute! Your banner is amazing!

Caroline Elliam said...

I love everything I see here! Wow! I'll be back for sure to see your work ;)

KarenW said...

I like the cupcake. I recognize the technique you showed us with the flowers. Cute as always....