Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fun Fun at Cocoa Daisy!

Cocoa Daisy is one of my favorite places to hang out.  They have the most inspiration design team!   There was an online crop that started this past Friday with all kinds of challenges and classes (which go til the 21st so you can still participate!).  So far I have done three of the challenges, PLUS the one hour layout challenge (which is C R A Z Y), so I thought I'd share!  The whole theme of the crop was "home" and every challenge has to do with a room in your house.

The first challenge was to use this photo for inspiration:




I picked up on the white frame on the wall, the patter of the wall paper, and the colors.
I used a lot of supplies for an old Cocoa Daisy kit.






Next up was "The Attic".  You had to use a piece of trim, some memorabilia, and handwriting.



I have been meaning to do this page forever.  You see, this little purple bow was in my daughter's hair the day after she was born.  The nurses had cleaned her up, swaddeled her up so tight, and put this bow in with a lttle dab of gel.  When the brought her to me like that, it was at that moment that I felt the connection....an image and feeling that will last forever.


So that bow is on this page, along with our bracelets from the hospital.



In the "Music Room" was a challenge where there were a selection of CD covers and we had to use one for inspiration.  So I choose this one by Nine Inch Nails (and one of my fav CD's, too!)


It reminded me of a mess and dirt, and I just had to use a photo of Charlotte all dirty.  She LOVES the dirt and sticks and rocks.....


I started with a beige cardstock and then added some gesso in "globs" for some layers.  I inked with a little bit of straw ink, misted, painted a bit more, and then sanded.  I also added some twine that I had misted too.


There is a show on "Sprout" called "Dirt Girl" (it is kinda strange), but the concept is good.  Anyways, they always say It's a Dirt Girl World, so hence the title....



Lastly was the one hour challenge on Sunday.  These things stress me out SO bad!  We had to use 2 photo, 5 buttons, something recycled, a tag from something, and book or music paper. 

So I have this pile of "tidbits" on my desk, which are things that I have made that didn't make it onto a page yet.  The pile is getting bigger and bigger.  So I dumped it on my floor to see what I could use.



The orange circles thing was a mailer from Gymboree.  I filled the circles with patterned paper and journaled in them.  The tag is on the left and says "Seriously cute", and was from some clothes form Old Navy.  The dictionary paper is in a circle, behind the title, and at the top.  And of course my 5 buttons are on there, too!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

what FUN layouts!! The first one is especially lovely! GREAT misting! :)

Bethany Crowell said...

Fabulous layouts!! Loving your blog...and congrats on feature on the AC Studio blog yesterday!!