Thursday, July 7, 2011

7/7 Sketchy Thursday REVEAL!

I really still like the banner craze and this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays is just perfect!  Be sure to link up your creation to be entered for the prize!




 This layout is actually kind of simple for me, but I did a lot of techniques including misting, distressing, and stitching.

This page is about my "Kit Cat" clock that is actually a plastic replica of an antique clock that my great grandpa used to have in his house.  I used to LOVE this clock when I was a little girl, and I can still remember sitting at the kitchen table of his house and watching the tail and eyes go back and forth.






I sized down my photos a bit, and hand stitched a frame around them in light blue thread to tie them together. 








I have pretty much used up my October Afternoon 5&Dime collection....good thing cause I need to make some room for all the great CHA releases coming out!!!

So I am off to CKC Houston this weekend with my good friend Heather.  It is only about 20 mins from my house, but we rented a hotel room so we could get a little "scrappy retreat" in for a couple of days!!!  Daddy is gonna be home with Charlotte for about 48 hours by himself....yeah....I'll let you know how that goes!!  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love the pops of color on the brown. So cool that your mom found a replica of the clock. Looking forward to our weekend away!

Diana Waite said...

okay I love that there is a story behind the picture and you can NEVER go wrong with OA! :) GREAT take on the sketch!

Mitralee said...

That is a super page! Enjoy your retreat!!