Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Some more Quilted Fish/Bazzill projects...

If you missed my first post on my collaboration with Amanda at The Quilted Fish, please go check it out here!
Using fabric on scrapbooking pages is a big trend, so it was so awesome that Amanda sent me some samples of fabric to work with as well!! Each of my projects today uses a bit of fabric here and there!

First up is my layout. I snapped this photo of me and my daughter one day after taking a shower. She wanted to put a towel on her head like mommy...she is such a girly girl! :) I just love pink and green combos for girls!

I did a bit of splattering with paint and stitched around the outside of my page with red thread. I specifically positioned the crown above Charlotte's head like that!   Most of the time on my pages, you will see a visual triangle of three elements that help your eye flow across the page.  In this case, there are three cut out flowers.

The flower near the title I made with some red fabric.  I just cut some small strips and used a large glue dot.  I started on the outside of the large glue dot and spiraled the fabric to the middle. 


Again, I have a few cards to share, too!

Banners are another hot trend, and I just did a simple banner on this card by cutting out some triangles of fabric and stitching them to some blue background paper that I splattered with some white paint.


And this card I used a square of fabric that I stitched right to the front of my card.  I fussy cut some flowers, punched a butterfly and added a sentiment to make a quick and pretty card!

Pin It



I just love the way that fabric adds such a rich element of texture to my scrappy projects!  Thanks for joining me this week!  I have a fun tutorial coming up next week with a few more projects, too! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the little crown and how yu mixed the papers and fabrics!

glorygirl said...

Wow! Love all those papers and embellies. And, your designs rock, as always :-)

Christa said...

This is lovely! I adore this collection! In fact I just finished working with it too! Audrey you are a super talent!

Diana Waite said...

this is AWESOME!! Congrats on being featured on the CK blog--AWESOME!!

lisa said...

Beaitiful Audrey : )