Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays and lots of Echo Park

My kit this month at Memorable Seasons contained the Echo Park Times & Seasons line which has so absolutely fantastic colors!!!!  I thought the teal, moss, cranberry, and navy would be perfect for a Christmas page, and so was this weeks sketch at Sketchy  Thursdays!  Here is my page:

Pin It

And here is the sketch:




I splattered some navy Maya Mist on the white background and zigzag stitched on the teal and red background squares. Then I made a tree shape with some green paper squares with my photos.

I added some little pearls and some twine to decorate my tree!


I also created this page for this months Member of the Month scraplift challenge at Memorable Seasons.  It was a lift of a page by Laura Cox (scrapaddict4). 

Pin It


This is my dad when he was about 5 years old (1952ish), we think!  He looks so much like my brothers when they were little1  I love the teal and green together with the cream and the black to old the "old time" feeling.  "You're the Bees Knees" is something my dad would totally say!  :)




And lastly I have a layout that I did a few weeks ago.  I love the trend of using shapes like diamons, chevrons, hexagons, and zig zags on pages right now, so I posed this challenge at the MS message board for this month.  Here is the page I created using chvrons made from triangles.

Pin It


I continued the chevron theme by using a zig zag punch on the top left and some zig zag stitching along the top right edge.

I realized after I photographed this page that I forgot to write my journaling...duh.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today!!!  Head over to Sketchy Thursdays to participate in this weeks sketch challenge, and head to the Memorable Seasons forum to see all of this months challenges!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

FANTASTIC pages! i especially like the pictures in the first layout--SO sweet!

j.leija said...

lovely pages, as always! but that first, with the photos arranged like a Christmas tree is my favorite :)