Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A few things going on

I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things here at home. The decorations are now all put away, and the house is starting to come back together. I really haven't scrapped that much in the past 6 weeks and I am having serious withdraw!!

Over at Memorable Seasons this month we are having a Sketch-a-thon... 20 sketches throughout the month. Stop by and check it out!


One of my sketches that I posted is this weeks Sketchy Thursdays sketch.



And here is my take using my kt this month from Memorable Seasons featuring Basic Grey Picadilly collection.




I kept this page pretty simple because I wanted to focus on my photo. The colors in the papers complemented my pic really well.

I also have ome other pages to share that I did a while ago but haven't gotten around to posting. I made them back in November for a crop at Cocoa Daisy, but I am just getting around to posting them now! I still have a few more that I am working on, too.

Charlotte is really starting to like to play dress up, but she seems to only like bottoms and doesn't wear tops! She also just recently learned to ride her tricycle, too, so these are some things that she has been into lately...
I had to make this page really Girly since these are Girly things! I used some older papers from The Girls' Paperie.
I made a tulle flower to kinda match her skirt in the photo. What's more Girly that tulle?
I also did some subtle stitched circles in the background and splattered with some orange maya mist.


And lastly, a page that reflects what's been going on lately in this house!  I finally feel like we are at some sort of "normal" rountine.  Well, not toally normal, but at least somewaht predicatble.  We have a loose schedule, and naps and feedings are starting to come at regular times.  I love this page.




For my title, I actually hand wrote the word "normalcy" on some patterned paper and then cut it out with an exacto knife.  I really loved this technique and I am going to do it again!

Since this was kind of a boyish page, I added in lots of little metal bits.  I haven't used brads in forever.  I hope they make a comeback because I have a ton!  If you didn't notice, these papers are actually the Peppermint collection from Crate Paper!  So versatile!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Great pages! Of course, I am loving the ST one most. *wink* And those sketches sound fun. Will have to stop by!

Diana Waite said...

These pages are AWESOME! I really like all of them very diverse and lovely!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all really great, Audrey!! The BG papers look gorgeous with your photo on the first layout and each page is so unique and fun!