Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quilt Inspired for Practical Scrappers...

I have a quick post to ask you to vote for me for the 3rd round of the layout contest at Practical Scrappers.  The challenge this week was to create a page based on one of 3 quilts.  You can see the details of the challenge here.

Here is my page based on an interlacing squares quilt:


Pin It


And here is the quilt that inspired this page.


I knew right away what I wanted to do when I saw this quilt!  I have had these Studio Calico frames since the summer and I wanted to put them to use.  I remember seeing a layout at the Studio Calico booth at CKC-Houston back in May, but I searched all over the web to see who made it and I can't find it anywhere!

Anyways, I laid out the frames how I wanted them and then carefully marked and cut them where I needed to.


I chose bright colors to work with because of the colors in the photo of the quilt.  These Studio Calico papers were perfect (there's a bit of Jillibean in there, too).

I loved the little chipboard tag with the arrow, and I wanted it to point to the photo, so I decided to tuck it under the frame.




Kyler is getting so big.  But he is SUCH a needy baby (I hear a lot of people say that about boys).  He whines a LOT if I'm not carrying him, but when he has my attention, he is all laughs and giggles!!

THANKS FOR VOTING FOR ME!!!!

3 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

You got my vote! I love your layout, the colors and design are outstanding!

Christa said...

You can count on me for a vote Audrey. I love this picture of Kyler. He is a lovey! Great design too and so creative.

Diana Waite said...

okay this turned out SOOO cool! GREAT job!