Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Simple Shapes and AC Chap...

Today at Practical Scrappers we are featuring layouts that use simple shapes (squares, circles, triangles, etc.).  I decided to take on this challenge and created this page using the AC Chap line!  I had this line ordered for my recent classes at Scrappn' Savvy and I just LOVE it!

I haven't scrapped a photo of Keith and I in a long time!  I found these shots when I was looking through some photos from Christmas.  Now, for Keith to take photos like this (where I am holding the camera out with my hand and taking a self portrait of us), he has to either be drinking, or it has to be a really special occasion.  Guess which one it was?  :)





The way I started this page was to just cut/punch some simple shapes and then I just laid them out on the paper until I had the design that I liked!  I stitched around this sticker for the title...


It wouldn't be complete without some paint and stitching....

This next page I am SUPER excited about!   Don't you just love the little baby superman...when they are laying on their bellies kicking their legs and flailing their arms???





To create the call out balloons, I simply used the shapes in Microsoft Word and increased the thickness of the line.  I actually printed some of them right onto patterned paper.


After I added my subtitle stickers in the balloons, I completely covered them with Glossy Accents to give them a epoxy look.
(I'm a bit mad because the glossy accents on the page on the left dried with a tint of yellow on them, but the other side is just fine!  I have no idea why. I did have them drying on separate surfaces, and I wonder if that was the reason??  Any ideas?)



I was inspired by "Superman" colors and the idea of a cape.  The red paper on the right is supposes to mimic a cape.  I also was inspired by some old comics, specifially the style of Roy Lichenstein.  Do you know of him?  You probably recognize comics like these:


They usually have call out balloons, and if you look closely, the image itself is made up of a whole bunch of little dots!  So that is what inspired me to use the background paper with the little dots, and to add more black dots with some Distress Stain.  I used a stencil and a paint brush to apply the bigger circles and then just used a pencil eraser for the smaller circles.

OK,lots more stuff coming this week...... I've got at least 5 more layouts that are just about finished!

6 comments:

Diana Waite said...

i was just thinking that I needed to do a page with different shapes on it! LOVE the layout! and the one of your son is ADORABLE--GREAt inspiration!

glorygirl said...

Great layouts! Those pictures of your little guy are so wonderful! Love all his little expressions!

Karen said...

bwahaha! I remember the days of the airplane on the couch :P too cute! Love both LOs - the first one is just so great to look at and the second is so clever :)

Brianna Marshall said...

gorgeous layouts,the both of them!My daughter does the superman too,thinking thats how to crawl,and screams in frustration when it doesnt work,they are soo funny at this age!!

Unknown said...

Great layouts, Audrey. Love super Kyler baby!

The Sonboul's said...

LOVE THESE LAYOUTS! LOVE THEM!