Friday, September 14, 2012

Stretching a kit and a sketch!

Well I was able to squeeze out one more page with my August Gossamer Blue kit!  I used the tissue paper the kit came wrapped in and some Mod Podge for my background.




I drizzeled some white paint in some circles and added some stamped stitching and arrow with a We R stamp tool and some stamps from Studio Calico.


I used the Heidi Swapp banners in the kit to make this starburst flower and *gasp* just left them white without any color! A bit of Flair for the center (not included in the kit) from A Flair for Buttons.



I stumbled across the blog Skissedilla from Ashli's blog and use the sketch below as a basis for my page.  LOVE the sketches here!  You've got to check them out!



6 comments:

Gabrielle Watson said...

Love that layout and thanks for sharing the sketch! I COLLECT sketch sites. I haven't even opened my September kit yet. I'm so excited that I get to play with my kits tomorrow as I am hosting my first crop at my house, whee!
-Gabi from Denton, TX

Diana Waite said...

what a uniquely creative way to use the tissue paper--GREAT layout!

Missy Whidden said...

I love this, Audrey!! That tissue paper background looks amazing! Your little girl is so adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Audrey - I love that you are playing along over at Skissedilla! Aren't their sketches fun?!?! And perfect with your style too :) I love what you have done here... gorgeous work as always! - Ashli :)

Scarlett said...

Great page Audrey!! Love the tissue paper in the background! Thanks for playing along at Skissedilla! :D

Lene - Nabon said...

Fun-fun photos, love the colors and the cool details!

thanks for entering!!