Friday, June 7, 2013

37...how did I get here already????

Wow...I can't believe I am this old already.  I feel like I just had my 21st birthday yesterday!  :)



I played with some new MME that I got a few weeks ago, and when I saw the color palette at ScrapFriends this month, I thought of this collection immediately!   I also used this weeks sketch from Skissedilla.  I started this page right after I had done a page in my art journal, so I was feeling kind "artsy".


Since the color palette had a "raspberry" color in it, but the papers didn't, I mixed up some mist colors to get the shade I wanted and then dripped them on the page.   Then I wanted to add a bit of a peachy pink, so I mixed some pink and yellow paint and mists and use a stencil on the background.


For my journaling, I decided to do a little pull out card to write some things on so that it wouldn't take up any space on the page.

I had laid everything out and felt like something was missing, so I went back and stitched the black circle on background.  I wanted a bit of girliness, so I used the chipboard floral bunch and a few other floral pieces here and there.  Some stamping, enamel dots, and flags, and I'm done!  :)




sketch at Skissedilla


color palette at ScrapFriends:



Stay Scrappy my Friends!

7 comments:

Brit Sviggum said...

I really like this page, Audrey! It`s so soft and beautiful. Love the stitched circle. A gorgeous page. Thanks for playing along with us. Love Brit

Sheila said...

Awesome take on the sketch and I always love your stitching! Your kids will love reading this someday:)

Carole said...

Lovely Page x

Taya said...

beautiful layout, I really like! Thank you for your work on the sketch from Skissedilla ♥

Lizzy Hill said...

GREAT take on our Scrap Friends colour challenge & I'm glad you did that circle....finishes it beautifully! LOVE your 'artsy' take, especially those fab 'splats'....you have a gorgeous style:):):):)
Oh, & BTW...wait 'til you turn FIFTY..& Funnily enough, it still only feels a few years since I turned 21....go figure!!!!!!!!!!

Diana Waite said...

oh my AWESOME mist splashes--LOVE this page!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Gorgeous background!!Thanks for playing along at SF!!!xx