Friday, June 13, 2014

Color challenges.....

I've been in a bit of a scrappy rut lately, but I'm beginning to pull myself out thanks to a few color challenges I've been scoping out.

I always checking out kreative koncepts for their color and sketch challenges.  When I saw the colors this month, I started pulling out some papers from the new Studio Calico South of Market and Crate Paper Open Road collections.






Charlotte love love LOVES her Boppy. She calls him her "favorite friend". The other day she told me  she loves him more than me, but just a teeny, tiny bit!

I actually had to measure the triangles to cut them so they'd fit right (I usually just eyeball my cuts and cut with scissors).  Then I splattered some ink on the background.  I added a piece of vellum behind the photo and some journaling cards from Open Road.  Some chipboard bits and a few fussy cut flowers and that's it!

Finally getting out of a rut and it feels great!

Stay scrappy my friends!

1 comment:

zenevak said...

Just gorgeous! Love how you have used the papers as a frame around your photo. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts.