Thursday, March 10, 2016

March Page Maps and Just Nick cut file

Hello everyone!  Have you see the wonderful sketches this month on the PageMaps site?   It is always one of the first stops I make each month when I am looking for sketches to use!  

The Just Nick DT got to work with the sketches AND use awesome cut files from the shop!

I created this page with one of Becky's sketches (which you can see HERE) and the XO Heart Background file from the store.   I used the new Urban Luxe collection from Basic Grey. 

Charlotte and Daddy got to have a special night out for the Daddy Daughter Dance.  They went out to dinner first and she got to choose anywhere she wanted.  She chose a diner!  They went to Mel's Diner and she had a burger and fries!  Then it was off to the dance for snacks, crafts, a photobooth, and of course dancing!


I followed the sketch pretty closely, using a large swipe of black paint to help balance be design.



I created an interesting embellishment cluster by layering an "X" and an "O" cut out of different papers and a frame to tie it all together.  My journaling is a tag that is tucked under this cluster.



This is a unique and different color combo for me!  I loved layering these colors and bits from the Urban Luxe Ephemera pack!

Check out the XO Heart Background cut file in the shop HERE:




Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out this month's Page Maps!

Stay scrappy my friends!


No comments: